Saturday, April 10, 2010

Moving On

Well, here it is Saturday, April 10th and I can see how much better I am doing at handling the past. I've decided to get out and socialize and meet new people so my life can become more positive. Hanging on to the past is bringing me down and stopping me from living my life as I should. Going to the funeral of a friend from the past (he committed suicide) and meeting his family and seeing them grieve has opened my eyes to the fact that suicide can hit any of us or our families at anytime, unannounced. The shock seems to never go away and linger on your shoulder shouting at you. I have accepted the fact that I will never be the same, I just hope to be a much kinder and thoughtful person than I was before. I also will loosen up, relax and have fun. Life is too short and I am still full of life! I thank everyone who has supported me and my family during this tragedy of losing Ashley. She would be setting here with her beautiful eyes saying 'Mom! Go out and have fun and enjoy yourself!'

1 comment:

  1. Yes, she would be telling you to enjoy yourself. :) I'm glad you're doing okay. I love you!

    ReplyDelete