Sunday, April 25, 2010

A huge suprise

I received a call on Friday from a Kansas City Star reporter wanting to talk to me about Ashley's life. I talked to him for an hour and mentioned apfed.org, the bullying, the fact that her disease was never diagnosed properly and she was always thrown in a psych ward. I want the article to be about Ashley, but I want to also bring to light the problem these kids face in the public school system and life in general. I also want to bring attention to the fact that too many teenagers are thrown in psych centers and from then on, they believe there is something wrong with them. Helping others is what Ashley wanted to do so I want to carry on her legacy. I hope to bring more awareness to EE and EOS and raise more money for the cause. This has given me something to REALLY look forward to!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is fantastic. Be sure to share the finished piece when you get it!

    ReplyDelete